Thursday, December 17, 2009

Peace out Lean Cuisines

It's almost the New Year so I decided that, along with this training regime, I will make some "lifestyle changes" which will, hopefully, make me a better runner as well as a healthier person. Now bare with me, I'm no miracle worker so some of these might fall by the wayside.

1) Morning workouts: Ideally, I'd like to do 2 of these a week so that my social calendar and/or other hobbies don't go kaput. This means getting out of bed when it is 20 degrees and still dark out and not being bitter about it.  I'm assuming this is why Erica told me training in the winter months blows.

2) Lay off the processed foods, including my "go-to" lunch which usually consists of a lean cuisine and diet coke.  My stomache already hates me after long runs and I'm sure these processed meals don't help. I mean, I'd rather give up the processed stuff then be one of those runners who needs to wear a diaper (no offense Dad). 

3) Hydration. These are the fluids I regulary drink: water, caffeinated anything, wine. The water is good but the other stuff cancels that out. So, as sad as it is, I'm laying off some ( key word: some) of the caffeine and alcohol and making sure I drink those pesky 64oz a day.

4) Just say "no" to negativity. Many people have told me I'm not ready for this or that I'm crazy to do this. My mom even told me not to whine about it.  I'm a glass half-full kinda girl. I prefer the optimist to the pessimist, the "Go get em' tiger" rather then the "Debbie Downer. I'm sure many times I will say "This sucks" in my head but I'm hoping that after that statement, my head will also say, "But you can do it."

3 comments:

  1. Rock on wit yo bad self! If it makes you feel any better, I am going to be getting a tattoo and it has something to do with you #4. Go get 'em Liger (that's a cross between a tiger and a lion...its pretty much my favorite animal.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you. And yes, you are a runner. My superhero runner!

    ReplyDelete