Sunday, March 7, 2010

20

20 Miles.

Yesterday John and I ran 20 miles. If I didn't have John during that run, I am pretty positive I would have cut the run short. Today, I feel accomplished. Yesterday, I was hurting severely from about mile 15 to 20. Hurting in the sense that I thought I would pass out if I didn't get water. Hurting in the sense that I'm pretty sure I lost control of my limbs waist up and was running like a rag doll. Hurting in the sense that when I stopped running at the end of our run, I started swearing at my legs because they hurt so bad. But, I made it, I was pushed to my limits and I didn't give up. When I was able to function and drive home, I sat in a bath of ice and my fabulous roommate made me lunch.

It's a beautiful weekend in Boston. I even got a little sun kissed yesterday. Windburn, sunburn, leg burn.  Burn baby, burn.

2 comments:

  1. Swearing at Appendages- that is Hilarious, especially if you visualize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you, girl. you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete