Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello February!

It's February kids! You know what that means?! 11 more weeks til the big day. You know what else it means? No more messing around. Since I started training, I've been quite disciplined and stuck to my running schedule. February will be challenging for me as my mileage will continue to go up and I will continue to push my body further then I ever have. February includes my first run above 15 (the longest I've ever run) and my first 20 mile + run. I'm going to be quite frank, I'm freakn' scared. Not scared that I won't do it, because I know I will, but scared that it will be hard, so hard that it makes me doubt myself. I'm hoping and praying that self-doubt falls to the wayside.

Now, since I'm getting into the more serious running mileage, I also plan on getting more serious about other parts of my training. I'm listing them below, not because I won't remember them, but so that when you guys see me, you can hold me accountable and/or root me on. So, if you see me falling off the wagon and diving face first into a tin of frosting don't hesitate to kick me in the booty and say "26.2."

Here goes:
1) I will eat healthy 90% of the time. Most of the books I read say runners should rely on a lot of good carbs, veggies and protein and to lay off the fats. I have stomach issue even w/o all this running, so I plan on sticking to a better diet that is low in fat.
2) I will not drink alcohol during the weekdays and, starting April 1, 2010, I will not drink alcohol until the time I finish the marathon. After that, it's party time!
3) I will lose 10lbs by marathon day. Yes, this might seem easy since I'm running my ass off but, the pounds aren't dropping off like I thought they'd be. My pants fit way better and my belly size is decreasing but the less I weigh on marathon day, the faster I'll be. And by "fast," I mean alive and breathing.
4) I will run more hills, I will run more hills, I will run more hills.
I take pride in setting goals and accomplishing them, something I think I learned from my mom and dad who are both extremely hard workers. It feels good to be able to say, "I set my mind to this and did it." I have come to realize I will probably struggle through this marathon and my time might be less then ideal but as long as I put my "all" into the training and the 26.2 miles I run on April 19th, I will be happy and I will have finished and that's really all that should matter.

I hope ya'll have a fabulous week and a fantastic February!

1 comment:

  1. If you dont' drink any beer until marathon day and remember to eat breakfast, I give you the Barry Clegg Seal of Approval of 10 pounds lost.

    ReplyDelete