Monday, February 8, 2010

Zzzzzombie Land

I'm tired. Like redonculously tired. Like, I almost called out of work sick today so I could use this day to sleep tired. Who does that?! I'm not sure what it is but it's gotta stop. I feel like I'm walking around like a zombie. My brain isn't working like it should be either. Yesterday I spent a good 3 minutes turning the kitchen light switch on and off hoping the more I did that, the more likely it would be to turn the dining room light on. Nope, just the wrong switch. And, when I was driving to a super bowl party last night I, instead, drove to work...on a Sunday...at 5:30pm. Today, I am staring at my computer screen a little more then I should and when I'm talking to clients, I find myself jumbling my words.  What the heck is wrong with me? A lot of people tell me training for a marathon gives them more energy then they've ever had. But, lately, I feel like I have very little energy and, what I do have, I save for the runs I know I must do to properly train for this event. I feel like it's beginning to take a toll on my level of functioning and, as a counselor, I know that certainly isn't good.

I need advice...cuz this "zombieness" has gotta stop. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'm gonna turn out like that girl in Paranormal Activity and that girl sure as hell doesn't make it to the Boston Marathon.

4 comments:

  1. Buchette, you just gotta know when to hang tough -- maybe a mental/physical health day off is not a bad idea and is the better part of valor right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I might save my "day off" for a Friday. Make it a long weekend. ;)

    My dad says I'm probably suffering from lack of sunshine. I think he's right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have plenty of sunshine here in Tucson ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's what you need to do: With the increased mileage, you need to eat more (and often) and sleep way more. When I'm training for a marathon, 8 hours a night isn't enough. So sleep and eat. You're asking your body to do a lot, so you've gotta give it something :)

    ReplyDelete