Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rise and Shine!

The worst part of running at 6am is getting out of my cozy, cozy bed. The sheets are warm, I don't have to be at work til 9 and I'm dreading the outside.

This morning, I got up (grumpy) and said to myself "this blows but ya gotta do it." I jammed some energy blocks (Thanks Bill!) inside my mouth (did that sound weird?) and forced myself outside. The gush of cold air and the looming darkness, when stepping out the door, is the worst part of it all. However, I said to myself, "you have to run 5 miles and you might as well do it watching the sun come up." I ended my run just in time to see the sun rise over Prospect Hill in Somerville. I have to say, I'm glad I got outta bed.

Thanks to the "Tune of the Week,"  Kesha's song, "Dolla" for getting me through this run.
Wake up in the morning feeling like P.Diddy. 

Put my {running shoes} on, I'm out the door-I'm gonna hit this city.

Ok, so I didn't wake up feelin' like P-Diddy, but at least I woke up! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow- you ran 10 miles between a single sunset/sunrise. Impressive. Run, Pinkie, Run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you inspired me to go for my 8 mile run in the morning today rather than try to do it on a treadmill. Despite the ice path still around the jamaica pond, the sunrise is indeed gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 miles Patrick?! You get on with your bad self! You inspire me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, you are already over $1000! Kick ass...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does it matter that 1/2 of it is from my parents? ;)

    ReplyDelete